As Ramadan draws close and Eid approaches, Spotify reflects on the listening trends that emerged throughout the Holy Month on its recently launched new and dynamic Ramadan experience hub.
Designed to be the perfect audio companion for listeners during this special time of the year, the Ramadan hub offers listeners new highlights, audio clips, and daily releases of music and podcasts.
Every week had its unique theme, designed to connect listeners closer to the spirit of Ramadan. Moreover, users had personalized content on the “Your Ramadan 2023” playlist summarizing their Ramadan audio experience.
Spotify data reveals it was an exciting time for podcasting. Podcast streaming rose 28% in Egypt from March 23 to April 10, 2023, with Fnjan with AbdelRahman becoming the top podcast show for Egyptians during Ramadan. And when it came to series, Egypt’s favourite Ramadan series soundtrack was Ahmed Mekky’s “Wal3ana” from El Keber Awi.
Here is the full list of what Egypt listened to during the Holy Month.
Top Titrat in Ramadan:
- Ahmed Mekky – “Wal3ana” – “ولعانه” from El Keber Awi
- Ahmed Saad, Hesham El Gakh– “Ana Qader” from Gafar El Omda Series
- Boustan Magdy, Massar Egbari – “Kelma” from El Harsha El Sabaa Series
- 3enba – “Hamdelah 3la el Salma” – ” حمد الله على السلامة” from Alf Hamdela 3al Salama Series
- Ahmed Saad – “Wa7shni Nafsi” – “واحشني نفسي – تتر بدايه مسلسل جعفر العمده” from Gafar El Omda Series
Most Listened to Artists on the Ramadan Hub Playlists:
Top Cooking Shows:
Top Ramadan Playlists in MENA:
Top Podcasts on the Ramadan Hub:
- Finjan with AbdelRahman -فنجان مع عبدالرحمن أبومالح
- Wa’ay – وعي
- Podcast Tanafoos – بودكاست تَنفَّسْ
- Juha | جحا
- 1001 Nights | ألف ليلة وليلة