After the success of the five previous editions, the All-Girl Art Collective “My Favorite Things” is back this year!
Born in 2016 as a small group exhibition presenting a selection of the most inspiring artworks of the season, year after year “My Favorite Things” became a permanent visual platform.
Its main purpose is to highlight the work of Egypt-based contemporary women artists and assist them in their artistic journey by providing technical and theoretical assistance from the realization to the setup of the artwork.
The platform culminates in an annual exhibition where women artists are requested to submit their conceptually strong, original, and innovative artworks, hopefully far from the influence of the academies.
While having the chance to freely express themselves and their concerns, the chosen artists will receive local and international exposure.
If you are an emerging artist or art student, regardless of your age, please apply to be part of the next group exhibition that will be held at Mashrabia Gallery, downtown on October 2021.
- All applicants must be Women Artists based in Egypt
- All artistic media are welcome, including painting, drawing, graphic, sculpture, installation, embroidery, photography, video, digital art, etc.
- There is no theme restriction.
- There is no number restriction, you can send as many artworks as you want but they must have a visual and conceptual consistency.
- All submitted artworks must be created within the last 2 years (2020/2021). However, if you have a project in mind that has not yet come to life, you are most welcome to apply with it.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR THE APPLICATION
- An updated CV
- High-resolution pictures of the artworks with their captions
- A brief statement about the work
- If you’re applying with just an idea:
- Some sketches
- the envisioned size
- the envisioned budget
- a brief description
The call for participation is open until the 10th OF JULY 2021.
Submit your applications to [email protected] with “My Favorite Things 6 Application” as the subject of your email.
All the applicants will be informed of the final selection by the end of July.