During the last period, the number of fire incidents and deaths have increased and the main reason was ‘electrical short circuits’ which led to many injuries and deaths.
The initial examinations revealed that the fire broke out in the electric distributors, the fan, the boiler, and other devices.
This is why it is important to pick guaranteed devices and choose the electric distributor carefully to avoid burn injuries.
Dreaming of a Humanity Free of Burns, Ahl Masr Foundation recommends the safest precautions to avoid electrical short circuit accidents.
Safety Standards of Electric Distributors to Avoid Electrical Short Circuit Accidents:
- Unplug the electrical current if you are traveling.
- Call a specialist before fixing any electrical malfunctions.
- Choose the right wire thickness for the electrical current in your home.
- Keep any electrical links or wires away from fabrics, flammable material, or any heat sources.
- Buy the devices that have the safety test label on them.
- Replace the damaged electric distributor and wires with new ones.
- Prevent your children from playing with any electrical wires or sockets.
- Most burn accidents happen at home due to mobile chargers so unplug the mobile from the electricity when it is fully charged.
- Use the original mobile charger.
- If a fire occurs, don’t open the windows because Oxygen increases fire ignition.
Prohibitions to Avoid the Dangers of Electrical Short Circuits:
- Do not unplug devices from the wire.
- Do not allow dirt to accumulate on electrical appliances.
- Do not choose a plug without the protection cap.
- Do not go near any electrical source while your hands are wet.
- Do not purchase any electrical connections from unknown places.
- Do not use many devices on the electric distributor, especially if it is weak.
- Read the operating instructions before using any new device.
- Do not let the mobile phone charge beyond its limit.
- Do not use the mobile phone while it’s charging.