Korean American K-Pop sensation, AleXa, recently collaborated with Bader AlShuaibi, a Kuwaiti-Saudi-based pop artist in an addictive pop tune as a part of Spotify RADAR collaboration in the MENA region, bringing together artists of two cultures united by their love for K-Pop.
We previously interviewed AleXa, make sure to check out our interview with her if you haven’t already, and now we’re here with Bader AlShuaibi!
- Tell us about your collaboration with AleXa. How did it happen?
- Spotify’s RADAR team approached my team and pitched an amazing idea to collaborate with a KPop artist, Alexa. I said yes right away and started working on the music.
- Your music is very different from one another. Was it challenging to agree on a tune that you both enjoy?
- I won’t say challenging as much as it was new and out of my comfort zone. Which is fun and new.
- What was it like to work with each other? Anything you learned from one another that might change how you work in the future?
- I learned that AleXa has an amazing arabic fan base.
- What was it like to work with Spotify through the RADAR program?
- Easy, fun and resourceful. Spotify helped me connect with fans from all over the world.
- Collaborations are now a lot easier than they used to, with entities like Spotify facilitating it and providing you with a global fanbase. How far do you see collaborations going in the future?
- Unlimited and unexpected possibilities. I believe the sky’s the limit with organizations like Spotify.
- With the pandemic happening and concerts being limited, do you think that the music industry would change? Will virtual concerts be here to stay?
- Music industry is always changing. We have to adapt and be in the middle of everything to feel it and improve our part of it.
- What are your future plans?
- Couple of singles and my third album in 2022.
- Any message for your fans in Egypt?
- Egypt has always been my inspiration since I was 5 years old actor in Kuwait. I love you Egypt.